Important Dates for SHSA Members
|8/31||Last day to establish membership in order to vote or run for a position in the upcoming election.|
|9/30||Deadline for general membership to submit nominations for the annual election to the Election Committee.|
|10/15||Deadline for Election Committee to receive any issue that will be decided on the same ballot.|
|11/15||Ballots mailed out to eligible membership list.|
|12/15||Ballots due to SHSA election official appointed by the Election Committee.|
|12/15-12/31||Ballots counted by a non-partisan party before a notary.|
|1/1||Election results announced. Terms start.|
|1/10||All Board Members and Officers file or renew their "Oath of Office" with the Secretary.|
|1/10||President names three Board Members to serve on Executive Committee. President assigns a Parliamentarian from among these three.|
- Interested persons may pay dues and join the Society at any time.
- Active Members may propose business to the Executive Committee or Board of Directors at any time.
- Last date for written proposals to be considered at the general Annual Meeting is 30 days prior to the meeting.
- Membership Committee sends lists of current members to competition organizer prior to the date of a given competition.
- Membership Committee sends lists of current members to Editor of Kilt & Harp before each edition.
- General Annual meeting - TBA; membership is notified of date 60 days prior.
- National Competition - TBA; treasurer recommends amount of Travel Scholarship 90 days before the competition. Applicants submit written application at least 30 days prior to the competition.
- Referenda - may be submitted to the membership for vote as needed.